Trasto Tinto Prieto Picudo, Bodegas LaOsa

Trasto Tinto Prieto Picudo, Bodegas LaOsa

Trasto Tinto Prieto Picudo, Bodegas LaOsa

Regular price £19.50
  • Local and national shipping
  • Secure payments
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Liquid error (snippets/image-element line 107): invalid url input

Trasto Tinto Prieto Picudo, Bodegas LaOsa 

Spain – 2018  

13.5% ABV  

Tasting Notes

Elegant, well-balanced Spanish red, heady with violets and white pepper, followed by cherry and raspberry on the palate.  

Food Matching

A great match for roast chicken smoked meat and rich Italian pasta dishes such as spaghetti bolognese. 

Bottle Information

Vineyard: La Osa, is the name of the wine project of Noelia de Paz. In 2015 and after ten years of experience in the wine trade, Noella started her own project, seeking to not just bring back indigenous varieties but to also champion the local Mencia grape. Her work spreads over Bierzo and through to Leon in some of Spain’s most spectacular landscapes. All her effort goes into maintaining traditional practices in keeping with the environment and avoiding any unnecessary intervention whenever possible. Just like Noelia, her wines are full of character, whether they be the “Trasto” (naughty!) wines of Leon, to the more serious La Osa Mencia wines of Bierzo. The grapes for this wine are grown in clay soil with river stones at 750m altitude. Leon has a continental climate with long, cold winters and hot summer days, and cold nights.  

Vinification: Grapes are hand-harvested into small 18kg boxes. 80% of the grapes are then de-stemmed, leaving the remaining 20% to undergo fermentation in whole clusters. Fermentation then takes place in foudres (wooden vats) and punching down is exercised once a day to generate extraction of fruit, colour, and tannin. After 20 days of maceration, alcoholic fermentation finishes where the wine is then passed into a stainless-steel tank before bottling. 


Available for local delivery or national delivery via our delivery partners. 

Recently viewed